Sunday, August 8, 2010

shoe-shine!!


i bid on this treasure at a local thrift store auction




and mine was the winning bid!






it is a wonderful old shoe-shine box with all the original polishing goodies






look how worn it is




here's the top with a boot strip (?) where you would rest your shoe
(I have no idea why blogger keeps rotating my photos - anyone have a solution??)






i gave it to my dad - he honestly spent longer digging through and sniffing all the polishes than on any of his "real" gifts! (that's where I get my treasure-hunting genes...)





linking up to Today's Thrifty Treasures at Southern Hospitality

Tracey

5 comments:

Sissie's Shabby Cottage said...

Hi Tracey!
My Dad had a shoe shine kit just like that. I can remember when I was a little girl, sitting and watching him shine his shoes. Then putting my little foot on it and he would shine mine. LOL!

Great win!

hugs
Sissie

Pam Kessler said...

What a great find. I love that your dad was sniffing the polishes.

Blue Ridge Altered Art said...

My father had a shoe shine kit like that. I can picture him now sitting in his chair polishing his shoes. Thanks for the memories. ~~Sherry~~

Sherrie said...

What a fun find. That is something unique that I would go for as well. Thanks for sharing.

GardenOfDaisies said...

Those little handled wooden boxes are soo wonderful to have around the house. My sisters keeps all of her vintage playing cards in one.

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by - I love reading your comments and getting to know you a little better!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...