Monday, April 19, 2010

Shabby vintage sheet music frame how to

happy white wednesday...

first, some dreamy chandeliers, high on my wish list...



and here's a white project I worked on this past week

what to do with a cute frame...upcycle it into a shabby frame with vintage sheet music!!


I started out by painting the frame heirloom white (my favorite white). This frame has cute detailing around the edge which really showed up once I painted it



then I cut a piece of sheet music to fit the inside of the frame, and glued around the edges. didn't realise quite how vintage this music book was until I had torn out the sheet...

oh well!!

I lightly sprayed the sheet music with matt varnish as I'm not using glass in this frame




cut a double layer of batting to fill out the space



covered the back with a piece of wallpaper -  just used spray adhesive to secure the batting and wallpaper



hot-glued organza ribbon to the back and loosely tied it at the top



doesn't it look cute!


hanging...





or propped up against the wall


ta-da!! shabby vintage sheet music frame


be sure to hop on over and see all the talent at these linky parties:

Look what I whipped up Monday @ The Girl Creative
Metamorphasis Monday @ Between naps on the porch
Made by you Monday @ Skip to my Lou
I made the world cuter today @ Making the World Cuter
Made It on Monday @ The Persimmon Perch

Nifty Thrifty Tuesday @ Coastal Charm

Tutorial Tuesdays @ Hope Studios

Do It Yourself Day @ A Soft Place to Land

Toot your Horn Tuesday @ A Silly Little Sparrow

Take a Look Tuesday @ Sugar Bee Craft Edition
Tuesday Talent show @ My house of Giggles
Lucky Linky Tuesday @ Lucky Star Lane

White Wednesday @ Faded Charm

100 ideas under $100 @ The Picket Fence




Happy days!
Tracey

32 comments:

Rust: Vintage Inspired Design said...

Beautifully done Tracey!!
Happy day!
xojanis

Creations By Cindy said...

Tracey, I am in love with this idea! Thanks for sharing. Be blessed. Cindy

Beverly {Flamingo Toes} said...

Very cool idea. I love the frame hanging from the ribbon. Great job!

Donene said...

What a cute idea, you are so creative!

Jane@Little House of Projects said...

Hey, I just got a frame just like this. And with the black and white theme I have going for our master bedroom this sheet music idea might be just the right thing! Thanks for sharing.

fitty's pinky rose cottage said...

simple, easy and lovely end result! thanks for sharing this project Tracey.. am sure to try with some of the frame I found..

Anne Lorys said...

I love it! You've inspired me to try this on my own. :-)

Have a wonderful Tuesday!
Anne

Morgan//Nuts and Bows said...

Gorgeous I LOVE it!!

~Morgan

Meet Virginia!
Meet Virginia!
Meet Virginia!

Unknown said...

What a beautiful frame! I love the idea of putting the music in it. You could personalise it more and frame music from a special occassion. It would make a great gift! xx

Unknown said...

Love it!

~Liz

Manuela@A Cultivated Nest said...

That looks so pretty!

Manuela

Sandi~A Cottage Muse said...

I love this look! Great job!!

Bonnie @ House of Grace said...

What a cute idea! That is soooo sweet looking. Have a great day!
Bonnie
Please check out my Earth Day giveaway at http://creatingahouseofgrace.blogspot.com/2010/04/earth-day-giveaway-2010.html

Rebecca@This Present Life said...

What a great idea! I have a bag of old sheet music that I've never figured out what to do with. Now I know! Thanks for sharing.

Linda@Coastal Charm said...

Sooooo PRETTY and sooooo THRIFTY! Thanks for showing it off at NTT!

Blessings,
Linda

{oc cottage} said...

OH! So cute!!

m ^..^

Debra@CommonGround said...

Really pretty, love that vintage sheet music! The lace hanger makes it perfect!

awal.ny said...

I love the frame very cute.

Sandi said...

This is so cute Tracey!!!!!! Simple and white...LOVE IT!!!!!
Blessings~

My Life And Loves said...

I am sooo in love with this idea! You made a great job of it!

Cassie Bustamante said...

that is adorable! i love it, and it just so happens my mom has some old sheet music..... perfect!

Faded Charm said...

Great idea and you can use any old frame you have sitting around. Simple, yet elegant.

Have a wonderful WW!

Kathleen

Raspberries and Rose Petals said...

Your frame turned out beautiful! LOVE vintage sheet music, and I just bought a frame similar to this one this past weekend! Hmmmmm.....another possibility!

Happy White Wednesday!

Warmly,
Lori

Raspberries and Rose Petals said...

Your frame turned out beautiful! I LOVE vintage sheet music, and I just bought a frame similar to this one this past weekend! Hmmmm....another possibility!

Happy White Wednesday!

Warmly,
Lori

beckaboots said...

I love this! So simple and chic! And the thing is, vintage sheet music like that will only get more damaged and worn sitting around doing nothing- it's great to USE the old vintage things and give them a new purpose :) Awesome job.
-Bekah

Laura said...

This turned out so beautiful!!

I'm hosting "Saturday is Crafty Day" on April 24th and I'd love it if you stopped by!

Anonymous said...

WOW -- That's really a beautiful piece of framed art and you make it look so simple! Very good tutorial. I think I'll bookmark this for future reference! Love it when the simple things look so classy!

HB, The Impulsive Minimalist said...

I love it! I want to do this for my house with a silhouette of my son in it - ooh! You've totally inspired me!

Thanks for linking at Lucky Star Lane!

Tracey @ My House of Giggles said...

this is beautiful!! so whimsical and lovely :) Thanks for the inspiration!

Unknown said...

What a beautiful piece!!! Love the sheet music! And you have a new follower.

Jen @ Noting Grace

Becky@Beyond The Picket Fence said...

It is beautiful--simple, which i like. Thanks for sharing!

Shabby Anne said...

Love your style girl! Can't wait to see more...

Anne @ashabbylife.blogspot.com

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by - I love reading your comments and getting to know you a little better!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...