Wednesday, June 27, 2012

~chippy old door love~


Hi peeps, if you follow me on fb you will know that I am totally in love with my new chippy door, well the sneak peek I gave anyways!

This past weekend I was a vendor at The Olde Farmhouse Vintage Market, it was a collection of a great group of vendors, and I was determined this time not to miss out on a little shopping before market opened!

So when I spied this beauty in my friend Janis’ booth {Rust}, I just knew it was coming home with me. The catch about markets is you go there to sell stuff, as Mr rgv reminds me, not to accumulate more. I sold a door, I bought a door. Sometimes it is just too good to pass up!


2012-06-25 15.36.33


Janis attached this cute white shelf and frame. I couldn’t wait to bring it home and into my newly painted white living room. See the walls in the background there. 
I am playing around with a beachy feel for the summer, so this door is just the perfect feature. 


2012-06-25 15.36.56


Isn’t the chippy green paint amazing?

2012-06-25 15.35.33


And look at the doorknob. Swoon!

2012-06-25 15.34.43


I know, I KNOW! It is my most favourite thing in the house right now!

Hmmmm, I think it just needs a little starfish touch...

2012-06-25 15.33.57

I’ll be back soon to show you more of my beachy summer living room. Do you change things up for the summer?

linking up with these great parties:
 Show and Tell Friday
Tracey

PS. There's already talk about the next Olde Farmhouse Vintage Market, if you're local be sure you don't miss it, I'll keep you updated here and on fb.
You can follow me on fb here and raggygirlvintage here

23 comments:

pballard said...

Hmn it would of come home with me too! Love it. Thanks for sharing.

Sissie's Shabby Cottage said...

I don't blame you for bringing that pretty door home with you. I would have fought you for it! LOL!

hugs
Sissie

Rust: Vintage Inspired Design said...

Ohhhh...it looks so gorgeous against that fresh white wall! So glad you love it...must get another one done for myself!!!
Love you friend!
xojanis

Vintage Home said...

...seriously I would not leave that there either! Super happy you got it!
YOUR booth & Janis looked GREAT!

Claudine from ReStory.ca said...

I saw that door and LOVED IT!!!
Can't wait to see the rest of the living room!!!
Hugs

Shabby chic Sandy said...

I am in love with that door--it is gorgeous!

Tracey Ayton Photography said...

I adore your old chippy door!!! I have a serious weakness for old doors ..... almost up there as I do for corbels. We had to get rid of 14 old doors that I had accumulated in our garage before we tore it down to build the new one last year. Thank goodness we could use one for our own new garage, we sold 4 at the Fieldstone Market and then gave the rest away to Jack's. It's such a shame to see them not being used. That door is lucky to have found you. :-)

Irma@CosasBellas said...

Hi Tracey, I found your blog through the pic of your beautiful door on Pinterest. It took me a minute to catch my breath when I saw it...it is soooo perfect!
I have a vintage chippy door propped up on my living room wall too, but it's white. That aqua is the accent color in my house, so...if you ever decide to part with it you know who to contact. lol

Your newest follower,
Irma

Passionate for White said...

How is it that I just today came across your blog?! No matter, I'm here now and LOVING it. Just became one of your newest followers and I look forward to going through your archives for sure.

Ribbonwood Cottage said...

Wow Be still my heart! I love your door and how you decorated it! What loveliness to behold! Just perfect.
Blessings,
Debbie

Jentiques said...

Oh, I think I need a door now for my white living room:)

Heaven's Walk said...

Perfect color and perfect chippiness, Tracey! Luv it! :)

xoox laurie

Joanne Bischof said...

Very beachy!! This is so quaint and charming. I love the chipped paint and the ocean feel. Oh, I'm getting all kinds of ideas from your blog. Thanks!!

Laura said...

OOh, I SO love that door! I'm jealous! Thank you for linking it up at Transformation Tuesday at The Ironstone Nest! XO Laura

Unknown said...

Wow - that door is just gorgeous!!! And the mirror and shelf? PERFECTION -
I'm your newest follower - would love to have you stop by and follow back:)))

Candy said...

Lovin the door....and your shelf and mirror look perfect on it.
Just found you over on a linky and now Im following. Please come visit me at PICKINandPAINTIN.blogspot.com. THANKS.

Dee said...

I love that door! It has the perfect amount of chippiness. Dee from My Painted Stuff.

Honey at 2805 said...

Wonderful color and vignette! I would be delighted if you would link up to Potpourri Friday, in progress!

Debra@CommonGround said...

oh wow, LOVE that gorgeous color and patina!! thanks for joining in for the party!!

Honey at 2805 said...

The door has a wonderful color and the perfect amount of chippy-ness! Thank your for sharing your creativity at Potpourri Friday at 2805!

Unknown said...

This is so lovely! I don’t really know where chippy old doors get their charm, haha! Maybe, it’s simply the way it graciously age… Yes, I think this also applies to doors. :D That is what makes the difference between vintage and old. And I think it’s really better for a display, except if it’s in a farmhouse, so you could protect and preserve it easily. :)

Nancy Ferdinand

Unknown said...

The older the better! Do you have any idea how old that door is? Anyway, I love the faded color of your door.

-Leah Clay

Unknown said...

Vintage never goes out of style! With a little redecorating, the vintage door was given a fresher look! Good job!

-Vernie Herr

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by - I love reading your comments and getting to know you a little better!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...