Saturday, June 9, 2012

~so what do you think about the wicker decor accessory trend?~


Hello friends, how do you like the wicker showing up in decor accessories recently? 

To be honest I wasn’t sure at first how it would fit with my overall decor, but then I came across this wicker vase. 
I had looked at them several times before I finally snapped this one up as it was the last one on the shelf, for the grand price of $7.99!!
 {Then I left it in my cart and someone unpacked my cart and said they hadn’t and then I found it again and all was well in my wicker world!}


IMG_2450


I knew right away I wanted to fill it with beautiful roses, and it was a match made in heaven. Can’t believe I thought about it for so long!


IMG_2460



I filled it with these stunning roses with green and pink petals and ruffley edges.


IMG_2451
IMG_2467


They were even more stunning and ruffley when they opened up.


So what do I think about the wicker trend? 

I really like the texture and color it introduces, it is a good fit in any cottagey, french country or even coastal decor. And as it is relatively inexpensive it’s a great way to add some new accessories that weren’t a huge investment when you want to change things up againSmile Not that any of you do that of course!

I have a few more wicker pieces I’ll show you next post!

Tracey

IMG_2459

7 comments:

Barbara Matson said...

I have always loved wicker! It adds a fabulous layer to a space

Shanon at Vintage Sparkle Chic said...

I love it!! I keep looking at them, too. Looks like I'll be picking one up after seeing yours with the beautiful roses ;)

~Shanon

Michele said...

Your vase is beautiful. Wicker is hard to beat. I have a big collection of trays that add texture and define spaces like nobody's business.

Amy Kinser said...

I have three different sizes and shapes of those little baskets and love them. Love the mixture of the wicker and the soft roses.

Hope you had a great week and weekend.

The Polka Dot Closet said...

I love a little wicker! It is really popular here in Florida since we have year round summer and so many people move from "Up North and ditch their dark furniture

Carol

Linda @ Itsy Bits And Pieces said...

I love the texture this look adds, too...your vase of roses is beautiful!

Jonell w Harrison said...

You are def on the right track..I have always found a way to work in some wicker- use to collect baskets like a crazy woman then began to be more selective keeping only THE most distinctive designs. You are right..Wicker is a good basic AWAYS [ OR WILLOW..all nataural materials] Have fun w your chges and additions of new things!
~Jonell
Brundidge, Alabama

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by - I love reading your comments and getting to know you a little better!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...