So what do you think about these 25 things posts that pop up in blogland? Self-indulgent? Possibly. Time waster? Maybe. I thought some of those things too, BUT I always read them!! Why? Because I am naturally a very curious creature and I like to get to know the person behind the blog. My favourite activity is to people-watch, so I guess this is the virtual version.
So if you’re up for a little randomness and some background on moi, read on. I’ll even throw in some “random” photos to make it more interesting!
Here we go then~
1. I was born in Africa. I lived there for 32 years. First in Zimbabwe, land of the wild bush, then in South Africa, near the ocean.
2. My parents love the outdoors, we spent almost every weekend growing up in the African bush. I could write a book about our adventures. I don’t know how I survived to adulthood. I should be in therapy. They deny everything!
3. Cape Town is one of the most beautiful places in the world, especially the beaches and coastline.
4. They have really cute penguins in Cape Town in the penguin reserves.
5. Table Mountain presides over the city of Cape Town, it is flattish on top and you overlook the ocean on one side, and the city on the other.
6. We chose to move to Canada when our children were young. I don’t regret it at all, but I do miss Africa.
7. Which is why I am always commenting on the weather and the rain up north in Vancouver!
8. We have three children, my daughter is 18, my sons are 16 and 12.
9. I have been married to Mr rgv for 21 years. He puts up with a lot.
10. Because I am very expressive and wear my heart on my sleeve. Most of the time anyways.
11. But actually I am very shy, especially in a group. My family don’t really believe this!
12. I love the ocean, love, love, love. Especially the waves.
13. I love to travel to new places but I hate to fly. I am not afraid of flying, but I get claustrophobic and I like to be in control. Last time I flew my Dr gave me a tiny little pill. It did nothing to abate my anxiety but I apparantly zonked out on the plane. My kids were mortified.
14. I would love to explore more of the US states.
15. We plan to drive down to Oregon this summer, can’t wait! I’m hoping to sneak off to Portland and do a little antiquing…
16. I love white on white, white furniture, white walls, white flowers, white decor.
17. I refer to myself as a hunter-gatherer, it sounds so much better than borderline hoarder.
18. I love, love, love to create ~ I am not happy if I don’t have a project on the go, even when life is crazy busy I squeeze it in.
19. I’m not sure how I feel about the selling part, I’m shy remember, but in order to continue being a hunter-gatherer I have to share my finds.
20. I have been on diet the past two months, my first real diet ever. It has been tough, very tough. I had to eat fish every day. I.don’t.like.fish.
21. But I have lost 28 pounds! I may blog about it sometime…
22. I broke my diet today. Real bad. 4 cookies and spoonfuls of nutella. That stuff should not be in the house! I will be sorry tomorrow. That’s just the way it goes sometimes.
23. I am a fair weather gardener. I only garden when it is warm. So there hasn’t been much gardening happening this year. I’ve worn these once!
24. My Mom and Dad live 3 minutes away. I am so thankful, they are awesome.
25. I am having my walls painted white this week, yay!!!!
Well there you have it, 25 bits of randomness for you
P.S. Want more randomness? Follow me on Instagram at raggygirlvintage