Sunday, May 29, 2011

~vintage market rocks~

this weekend we had the very first Old School Market in the quaint village of Clayburn, Abbotsford

~AND IT WAS AWESOME!!!~



 now if you're wondering what all the fuss is about peeps, we don't have a whole lot of vintage market going on up north here

~OR SO WE THOUGHT~

Lily and Rachel from Bird and Birch put together a fabulous event

i know i told them a hundred times already, i am so impressed by how well organised the market was, down to the tiniest details

AND they still looked cool as cucumbers, fresh as daisies, the whole day!! take a look at my photo, not so cool cucumber:-)

okay so here's some photos of my booth space taken by the incredibly talented Sari

go here to see them all






the market was packed out much of the day, and it was so exciting to see how many wonderful folks came out who appreciate vintage and handmade products



{just look at the wonderful sash windows}

the very best part of my day : undoubtedly meeting wonderful vendors and bloggers, many of whom i "knew" from blogland and our local bloggers network



it really is true, i already felt like i knew a bunch of the gals from their blogs, and they are all even sweeter in person - thanks to each of you who came by and said hi

Colleen of Vintage Home, lovely to meet you, and Shelley, at last. your antics in the corner kept me entertained and added a lot of energy to the market:-)

Rosie of Roses and Rutabagas, you gave me the best hug of the day and thank you for my sweet treat box to keep me going (can you believe I didn't have a chance to open it till market was done!!). Rosie has been a huge encourager to me since i started my blog journey a year ago

Sari of The Lovely in Life, my faithful friend, photographer, artist extraordinaire, thanks for visiting with me and taking photos and always thinking everything i do is fantastic whether it is or not. everyone should have a friend like you!

Janis of Rust and Ruffles, thanks for coming all the way out there and for always being so supportive of what i do and make, we want you at the next market girl. thanks for introducing me to blogland!

Lori  E of Family Trees may contain nuts , first market post i saw up in blogland!! thanks for stopping by and also taking fab shots, what a sweetheart

Becky of Cupcakes and Ruby Slippers, just love your blog name, thanks for saying hi and making yourself known

i know there were others, so forgive me if i left you out, drop me a comment and i'll add you in

so do you want to know what i sold?

a little bit of everything to be honest, the vintage goods were as popular as my handmade items



but i would have to say the all white pillows with graphics were the most popular item, they flew off the table, especially those with the french birdcage...



and La Tour Eiffel



i could write another whole post telling you about all the fabulous features of the old heritage schoolroom we had the market in (with a creek behind and church across the road ~ swoon, can you just picture life there a hundred years ago or what??)

i'm about ready to move to clayburn right now!

anyway, this was my very most favourite feature in the building, i could not stop looking at them all day and finally bugged Sari to take a photo for me





aren't they great!!! vintage schoolroom lights ~ i'm trying to figure out where in my home i could hang one....

anyway, if you've heard all the buzz about the old school market and you missed out

~DON'T WORRY!!~

June 25 we have the Ivory Vintage Market coming up in White Rock, you don't want to miss this one!

and if you were there and loved my booth, i have TWO tables at the market coming up

that means twice as much stuff



and i promise to have lots more wonderful pillows and treasures!

thanks for coming out and making the vintage market such a huge success!

hugs,
tracey

PS. Thanks Cath for showing me your beautiful heritage home afterwards, that deserves a post of it's own, i'm coming back in the summer with my camera:-)

15 comments:

The Lovely in Life said...

As always, an inspiration to many. Thanks for the thanks, you know I love toting my camera around and taking pictures. This week has been busy with events. Looking forward to the Ivory Vintage Market, much success to you my friend.

Sissie's Shabby Cottage said...

Your booth looks wonderful and I love all of the goodies you had for sale.

Sounds like a good time.

hugs
Sissie

Carol@TheDesignPages said...

I'm so sad I wasn't able to make it there yesterday. Looks like a great time. Hopefully they;ll organize another one soon.

Vintage Home said...

Just love those pictures and I will be at Ivory Vintage Market to shop!..dang I missed Janis & Becky...Where was I? ...only went to the ladies room once!...DARN!

Lily from Birch + Bird said...

Thanks Tracey! So glad that you had as much fun as we did...and that you thought we still looked fresh at the end of the day, haha! We had a wonderful time and are still smiling today! Your table looked gorgeous :)

The Polka Dot Closet said...

So glad it went so well!! I can see why, you had fabulous items. Glad to see that shabby and vintage is loved internationally!

Carol

Rosie said...

Oh Dear Tracey,
It WAS so enjoyable....with an old friend at each turn.
I opened my wardrobe last night to retrieve my "jammies" and the aroma was so heavenly, that I promptly moved that gorgeous little "lavender bag" to my night stand...where it shall stay...Ahhh!... Thank you :)
See you soon sweet girl...love Rosie

Barbara Matson said...

So glad to have stopped by and to have chatted. I can't believe I missed meeting the others listed!

Tracey Ayton Photography said...

Oooooh White Rock!! I'm there. Abbotsford was a bit too far for me so I can't wait. Looks like it was fun and full of good stuff.

Barbara Jean said...

can't wait to go check out all those links!!
off to bed now though

blessings
barbara jean

Jensdreamdecor said...

So wish I could have met you, I was too busy at my booth to make it around the school. You pictures look awesome though. It was a very fun time and hopefully I'll meet you at IVM.

Ivory Vintage said...

So glad you had a good time, see you at Ivory Vintage Market!!
xoxo

Rust: Vintage Inspired Design said...

So glad you enjoyed the market so much Tracey..love your post and loved visiting you!!
xojanis

Tammy@Beatrice Banks said...

Wow! Those tables looked packed full of vintage goodness! I'd love to shop there. Glad you had fun!

Unknown said...

Love the gratitude in this post. Your space looked awesome! Look at all those gorgeous goodies...and laundry! Happy to read it was such a success for you!

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by - I love reading your comments and getting to know you a little better!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...