Friday, June 24, 2011

~from flop to pop~french farmstyle pillow

sometimes it's the oops in sewing that have the most potential

and yes i know

~measure twice - cut once~

blah, blah, blah

i do, really, i'm a perfectionist when it comes to sewing, especially items i plan to offer for sale

but still i can't tell you how many times i've sewn pillows together with one of the backing panels reversed....

usually late at night

so what to do when i cut a panel too small?



and not just any panel

let me tell you, these transfers take a lot of time and elbow grease

well, how about overlay it on a red ticking background



fray the edges a little



love it!!
perfect for a french country home


flop to pop

get it:-)

(tell me i'm not the only one!)


and here's how one customer put it all together, doesn't it look so wonderfully french country


{Tammy purchased my chanticleer rooster pillow from The Passionate Home in Langley, where Carrie carries a selection of my pillows and products}
~don't forget to come visit at the market tomorrow~

Tracey


 





 

2 comments:

Sissie's Shabby Cottage said...

Hi Tracey,
You are not the only one girl!! I've done it several times because I was in a hurry or didn't measure.

Love how your pillow turned out on the ticking. Looks beautiful.

hugs
Sissie

Vintage Home said...

...I do a lot wrong when I am sewing!...
But this mistake of yours looks on purpose!...So pretty!

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by - I love reading your comments and getting to know you a little better!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...