Saturday, January 14, 2012

~making french decor bottles~

Hello peeps,

I wanted to show you a really easy and effective way you can transform ordinary thrift store glass bottles into elegant french bottles. I had fun making these ones up for a vintage market. 


IMG_0436-1



I don’t have step-by-step photos for you, but I’ll describe how I did it.

1. Keep a look out for nicely shaped glass bottles on your thrifting adventures. I especially like bottles with a squareish shape, but you can use any really. Give them a really good wash, I run mine through the dishwasher.

2. Make friends with someone who has an awesome vinyl cutter or buy yourself an awesome vinyl cutter. As I don’t own an awesome vinyl cutter I went the friend route! Decide what you want and pick out your fonts, sizes etc. I chose eiffel towers, fleur de lis, paris…..You could also use premade vinyl stickers if you find some you like.

3. Apply the vinyls to the bottles.

4. Wind jute tightly around the bottle neck and secure with a knot. I also added some wrinkled seam binding to some of mine for a more romantic look.



IMG_0435-1


And that’s it, they look great with a couple of different sizes grouped together, or a single bottle on a mantel, and they also make a fab gift!


IMG_0436-2


Have a great weekend!

6 comments:

Tammy@Beatrice Banks said...

Lovely! Now I just need to find a friend with a vinyl cutter!

Sissie's Shabby Cottage said...

These are very cute! Love the words that you chose and the eiffel tower.

hugs
Sissie

Vintage Home said...

I have been saving bottles for ages to do this and now I know how....lets see how long it will take for me to get it done!!!

Tracey Ayton Photography said...

These are the most adorable little things ever!! Love them because they are so simple yet beautiful. Thanks for the inspiration ..... Peep!

Shanon at Vintage Sparkle Chic said...

Love your bottles! They are so pretty and french inspired, which I LOVE!

~Shanon

Heather said...

Hi, my name is Heather! Please email me when you can, I have a question about your blog!

HeatherVonSJ[at]gmail[dot]com

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by - I love reading your comments and getting to know you a little better!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...