Sunday, January 1, 2012

~SB and fresh air~

Hello peeps,
IMG_1155
Happy New Year to you all! I am never too sure how to address my posts, and usually start with a “Hi Peeps”, but then my Mom was reading my blog and said that didn’t sound like me, which perturbed me as this blog is the real me!! What do you think?
Anyhoo, my vacation week was not quite what I had planned as the sniffles descended on our home and I basically only dragged my sorry self out of bed to feed the family or drive the kids where they needed to go. It was rough! So not much accomplished on the “to-do” list front, but I did get to spend tons of time reading all your lovely blogs, being inspired and amazed all over again.

I also played around a bit with Windows Live Writer so we’ll see how that goes, and I installed Picasa, which is so much more user friendly than I remembered, so we’ll see how that goes! And I got to think and think some more, sometimes life gets so busy there just isn’t much time to “think”!! Oh, and there was lots chocolate around being Christmas and all…

~~~~~~

Well we did manage to see the New Year in despite the sniffles, and by noon today when we were all still mooching around in our pjs Mr RGV decided we all needed to get some fresh air. What!!! Eventually with the bribe of a steaming SB I dressed my sorry self and off we went.

IMG_1166


I’m so glad we did! We headed out to our local river, which is about 10 mins drive away. Okay, 15 if you factor in SB stop on the waySmile  Ooh look, Windows Live just did that smiley thing for me. {I think we’re going to get along just fine}. It’s a really popular spot in the summer, but today it was quiet, just a few folks out walking their dogs and kids. It was clear and mild and NOT RAINING and of course the boys all headed for the water to skip rocks while I wandered around snapping photos and taking in my fresh air, as ordered.


2012-01-01 001


Picasa put my SB in the centre there, I promise. I do love my family, really. And my steaming SB. Isn’t that a cute shot of the guys all gazing out across the water, I think they were choosing their target. First the water. Then the log. Then the hole in the log. High tech stuff like that. It was the fresh air I think.

IMG_1218


We headed back for a late lunch with my parents and brother and SIL, where we played some intense boggle. Good thing I’d had my fresh air. Then we ate more chocolate and to-die-for turtle cheesecake left over from last night. There was other stuff too but I’m sticking to the important details.

Hope your January is off to a great start!
Tracey


IMG_1171

9 comments:

Vintage Home said...

Happy New Year!...
Great pictures...we i was sick for 3 days this week but am on the mend!
Looking forward to growing this year @ the booth & hopefully here in blogland & some more markets!

Blondie's Journal said...

I'm glad you got some fresh air...I think that is the best thing for a cold. I am finally feeling a lot better after a cold that hit after Christmas.

Lovely pictures. And what would we do without our daily Starbucks!!

XO,
Jane

Amy Kinser said...

Happy New Year. Fresh air is good for the soul and the bones and everything else.

May be getting me a Starbucks this afternoon with my daughter. I don't get them often so when I do, it is a treat.

Blessings to you, Amy

BECKY said...

Happy New Year Tracey! Trying to get back in touch with my bloggy friends during my break from the shop!!

Fresh air is wafting through my home right now, as it is cool enough here in central Florida to open the windows!! Just love it! Hope to get out into it for awhile today, too!

Hope your new year is wonderful!!
Hugs,
Becky

Something Nice and Pretty said...

Happy New Year Tracey! Hope you are feeling better today! It snowed here today, our first snow of winter, can't wait to spring!

Tracey Ayton Photography said...

Trace, I totally know what you are talking about! I too had waaaaay to many chocolates and just a simple walk took me away from the after Christmas doldrums. I'm done with eating poorly and getting back into a routine!! As you saw on my blog, I am also de-cluttering my physical and mental state. :-)

Lady Pamela said...

I love this post. I had the post Christmas blues and when I finally went outside for some fresh air I felt so much better, too.
Did you see what I did with your tiny trees? I decided to leave them up for January as well. My sister is decorating like crazy with the red and burlap chair webbing. She can't get enough of it. Thanks so much.

Kerri said...

I love that your mom read that and made a comment about it! My mom was telling me about a something she had read on a blog and I had to tell her that it was MY blog she read it on,lol!

Happy New Year!

Shanon at Vintage Sparkle Chic said...

What a fun time you had just getting out with your family! I love SB and the fresh air, perfect! My sister scolded me for always saying, "Bonjour!" so I really try not to say that now :) I understand, you want to start with something, not just get right into it! I always say, "Hello friends!" No scoldings on that yet.

~Shanon

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by - I love reading your comments and getting to know you a little better!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...