Wednesday, October 3, 2012

~as promised, my simple beachy party post~

Hello friends,

IMG_2944


Well here we are with fall nipping at our heels and I still want to show you a couple photos from that little beachy party we had in the summer, as promised!

 As we are having the most gorgeous dry and sunny fall up north I am going to go right ahead, and perhaps my southern hemisphere friends will appreciate it too as you head into summer!


So here goes, kept it super simple and mostly used what I had on hand:  wicker vases, white pitchers, mason jars, white sand and tealights.

Oh, and a bunch of baby's breath, one of my favourite flowers to decorate with, a bunch goes a long way.


IMG_2949


Simple, that is, except for these jolly tissue pom-poms. Word of advice : don’t leave them until the night before. Like I did. I don’t generally consider myself a craft-challenged gal but these pom-poms got the better of me! Especially the big ones, which ended up piled in the corner of my farmhouse table and no one was any the wiser that they had big holes underneath!

IMG_2939


Here’s a close up, aren’t the ruffley layers pretty!

IMG_2942


Another word of advice : you can order them online and just fluff them out!
I also hung some up high from the gazebo outside with a couple paper lanterns, with a bit of fluffing they are quite forgiving:-)

The smaller ones turned out much better and I tossed a couple on the tables here and there.

IMG_2951


So I used a white cotton tablecloth with a wide burlap runner down the middle, and an assortment of candles, starfish, blue mason jars, and accents. 

~Simple~

I laid a similar table outside with a few different accessories, and strung up twinkling fairy lights. So sorry I didn't get any photos of the other table!

IMG_2953


Scattered starfish along the tables.

IMG_2959


The white shells looked so pretty piled in a blue mason jar.

IMG_2957


I am so in love with vintage paper straws, they not only look cute they are sturdy and so versatile in decorating and they photograph so well.

I ordered them in a couple different colours, but just used the blue ones here.

IMG_2961

IMG_2962


So there you have it! It was simple to put together but looked so fresh and beachy! 

As beachy coastal was loosely the theme I went with this summer in my living room it was fun to extend that through the house for the party! 

You can read more about my beachy coastal living room here and here.

Hope you enjoyed a peek into the party!
Tracey


IMG_2949

IMG_2944

4 comments:

Lady Pamela said...

Hi Tracey,
Your party decor looked lovely. I have made those puffy flowers, too. They look great. Love the pretty tissue you used.
*Smiles

Amy Kinser said...

It's all beautiful, Tracey. I love the blue jars filled with shells. I love the straws. I love the big tissue flowers. I love it all!

Unknown said...

Very pretty, and my favourite colours too! Happy Thanksgiving!

Shanon at Vintage Sparkle Chic said...

So pretty! I love the colors you have used, perfect for beachy.

~Shanon

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by - I love reading your comments and getting to know you a little better!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...