Sunday, June 6, 2010

goldilock's little chair...

I couldn't resist this cute little "goldilock's chair" a while back, for 50c how could I resist...


it just reminded me of goldilocks and the three bears!


of course, I forgot the before picture AGAIN!



but basically it was bare wood and a little creaky

fixed it up with wood glue and primer

then painted it white and shabbied it up





it looks super cute on my porch, but needed a little something




so I planted up one of my smaller enamel basins, this one has a cute red rim





white bacopa and dianthus, pretty blue lobelia



...right outside my front door!


now I have to confess I was tempted to paint it colonial red or wildflower blue...
but for now it is shabby white


and here are a couple more porch photos, just because...



can you tell I like flowers, and white, and chippy and vintage and....

I'm linking up to these wonderful blogs

Just something I whipped up Monday



happy days,
Tracey


15 comments:

Unknown said...

Your front porch looks great Tracey! I love your Goldilocks chair and I love the price! What a great find! xx

Anne Lorys said...

Tracey, that chair is darling! And of course you couldn't pass it up for 50 cents!
Adorable!

Have a beautiful week!
Anne

Nikki@KreativeKnack said...

I love it! so little and cute! I'm also working on a "potty chair" to place a flower pot in :) This vignette on your porch looks gorgeous!

Ann @ makethebestofthings said...

Oh MAN, now I want a Goldilocks chair and a sweet planted pot. This turned out so pretty and creative. Love the combo of your things all together.

DesignTies said...

This is so sweet!
My 21yo son still has his little red chair that was given to him for his first Christmas... seeing your little Goldilocks chair has me thinking of devious ways that I can steal(!) it for a similar lovely use!! The funny thing is that - no matter how cool my son is - he'd notice right away if his favourite chair was missing!! Haha!
Victoria

Grannys Attic said...

How pretty! I love that little chair and the great way you display all your flowers. Blessings, Vicky

Leah said...

I love flowers too! What a unique way to display them!!

Donna @ The House on the Corner said...

So Cute!!! I love the white with the enamel basin. Good Job!!!

chris said...

I love the size of the chair. It looks wonderful on your porch. What a great find!

FrouFrouBritches said...

I looove little mini chairs. I have several myself. Sooo cute!

Diane said...

Awwww, I love everything on your porch. That chair with the pan of flowers turned out just perfect and I'll bet a blue or red chair would be equally as cute :o)

I came here via Toot Your Horn Tuesday. Hope you can stop by and visit me sometimes over at Pittypat Paperie.

Reunion Committee said...

that is adorable. Darn I wish I hadnt sold my lil chairs at my yardsale now!! :(
Great job..
~Tana

Hootin Anni said...

It all looks so nice!! The porch now, I bet, is very inviting!!

Here is my Show n Tell if you'd like to join me today... Have a super weekend!!

nest of posies said...

your porch & all the accessories and lovely flowers are dreamy!

Unknown said...

What a cute little chair!
Thanks for sharing @ Anything Related!
{Rebekah}

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by - I love reading your comments and getting to know you a little better!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...