Monday, May 17, 2010

personalised mini journals

hi bloggers!

another of my favorite things to make are personalised journals. i like to use smallish journals with blank pages

here's the journal I made for Janis of Junkdreams, she was sweet enough to blog about it here




Janis loves everything french, so I went with a vintagey french theme and lots of bling






don't forget the back...




tucked a tag inside with a message




and whipped up a lacy burlap bag to gift it in...

remember girls, packaging is everything, who doesn't like to receive a pretty package









this one I made for my mom for a recent trip to visit her sister



I made this one super girly and pink for my sweet mom, with ribbons and lace and tulle...



vintage buttons, rhinestones, a handmade flower






and tucked in a tiny key to unlock her adventures!




kept the back simple and blingy



isn't it pretty!



what I love about journals this size, is you can take them along in your purse - jot down ideas, tuck in ticket stubs, photos, fabric or paper scraps




good idea don't you think? Though I love to write and enjoy the idea of journalling, it never happens in my reality, but so often I see a great idea or scrap of something, which can be added to a mini journal...


and it doesn't have to be perfect, just like us!

and in it's own way it tells a story of who we really are...


Lady Pamela blogged about her version of her art journal here


I'm linking up to these wonderful parties:











happy days,

Tracey

18 comments:

Unknown said...

I love your personalised jouranals, they are lovely! I want one! I will definately be making one for myself! xx

Kate said...

These are so pretty. Great gift ideas!

Barbara Jean said...

Tracey.
I love the journals. my fave is the Frenchy one.
And wrapped in lace trimmed burlap? How cute is that. An idea I must do sometime.

Thanks for visiting my place, and leaving a comment. I'm glad to meet you, and look forward to seeing more of your blog.

blessings

barbara jean

Pati @ A Crafty Escape said...

Tracey-
Thank you for your sweet comment on my blog! I just took a peak at yours... fell in love and became a follower. I can't wait to further explore when my kids take a nap later. Thanks for your visit!
P.S. You might want to add your email to your profile :)

malia said...

ruffles, burlap + french stuff... love it all! visiting from take a look tuesday

Linda@Coastal Charm said...

Ahhhh....sooooo PRETTY...luv the sty;e you have here! Thanks for showing them off at NIFTY THRIFTY TUESDAYS!

Blessings,
Linda

Morgan//Nuts and Bows said...

WOW!!! Yours are too amazing! What great gifts too I love them!

~Morgan

Meet Virginia!
Meet Virginia!
Meet Virginia!

mary pernula said...

Hello neighbor, if I did not tell you already I am going to tell you again, your projexts are wonderful. Love the burlap bag and the ruffles on the burlap................was it easy to sew with? And is your burlap just like the coffee sacks..............PS....nice ETSY SHOP........XO MARY

raggygirlvintage said...

Mary, didn't answer all your questions when I left you a comment! Yes the burlap is easy enough to sew with, BUT it makes a terrible mess to cut and sew, fluff and fibre everywhere, and I find myself reaching for the eyedrops after sewing with it. Anyone else find that??
Tracey

Rosie said...

Oh Tracey...these are sooo beautiful...LOVE the little French journal...you my dear, have talent! Happpy Wednesday ... smile on Rosie

Miss Gracie's House said...

so,so cute...love the burlap bag too...packaging *is* everything...LOL...and your white enamelware pot...is just so spring-y!
have a great day!
Rene'

Creations By Cindy said...

Love the journals. I love to journal myself but never made one! Thanks for sharing. Be blessed. Cindy

Rust: Vintage Inspired Design said...

Hi Tracey,
Love your journals...so pretty and so thoughtful! How does the first week in June look for you for another thrifting adventure?? Hope all is well!
xojanis

Sandi~A Cottage Muse said...

Your journals are beautiful...truly a labor of love!!!

Diana Ferguson said...

These are simply beautiful!!!

Enjoyed a first visit. Following.......

Come see me.

Ticking and Toile said...

Hi Tracey,
Your journals are sooooo beautiful! Wow ~ I'm amazed at your talent!

Thanks so much for coming by today (or was it yesterday?) We are still getting massive amounts of rain!!! and wind!!! I hope it calms down cuz my roses & peonies are taking a beating!!

Take care!

xo,
Shellagh

Anonymous said...

oooooh I am so in love and drooling over your little french journal! it's great! well done!

wish I were the recipiant! she'll love it!

ciao bella
creative carmelina

Barbara Jean said...

all too sweet!
love the neutrals and the burlap bag. perfect!

blessings
barbara jean

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by - I love reading your comments and getting to know you a little better!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...