Saturday, May 22, 2010

shabby rose pitchers



firstly, thank you to all my sweet blogging friends for their advice on my mirror dilemma

i've made my decision and will reveal once it's on the wall (we bought the wrong hardware!)

so, did I choose gold or white??

you'll have to wait and see.....


today i wanted to show you these cute galvanised pitchers I've given a makeover




they were pretty unremarkable looking before (sorry, why am I so bad at taking "before" pictures - I'm always in such a hurry to dive in and start the project - I know some of you girls are with me there!)

found the big one first, painted it heirloom white, quite a few coats on top of primer to get it looking nice

couldn't believe it when I came across a similar mini version, so gave this one a good painting too




printed off this charming graphic from Karen at the Graphics Fairy (such a treat to see what she has for us each day!)



modge-podged it to the pitcher (loooove modge podge)



with a teensy version for the mini pitcher, front and back so they look good from any angle!



see what a nice scrolled handle it has



and here we have my set of shabby rose pitchers!




wouldn't they look sweet in the bathroom, or on a covered porch filled with flowers, or even in the kitchen



I'm linking up to:

happy days,
Tracey


12 comments:

Rust: Vintage Inspired Design said...

Love this transformation Tracey...they look so pretty!
xojanis

mary pernula said...

Very nice..........XO MARY

Unknown said...

Great makeover, your pitchers look fantastic! xx

memakingdo said...

I love them I have one I need to makeover!

Unknown said...

The perfect accent - looks great!

Debbiedoos said...

Cutie cutie she is there!~ When from plain to terrific. Thanks for stopping over.

Wendy said...

What a fun and sweet transformation! Great idea :)

Kaysi said...

Those are so pretty and elegant!

Rosie said...

Hey cute project...looking forward to your reveal...Smile on Rosie

Susan said...

Tracey I love the transformation on those pitchers. Very shabby rose indeed.

Linda@Coastal Charm said...

Luv your CUTE project...thanks for showing it off at NTT!

Blessings,
Linda

Jenny Hall / Seamingly Smitten said...

What an awesome transformation! I didn't know Modge Podge worked on anything but paper. Oh the ideas are spinning in my head! I'm your newest follower. Love your blog!
Jenny

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by - I love reading your comments and getting to know you a little better!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...