Tuesday, March 30, 2010

vintage china teacup candelabra



I finally got to finish up my teacup candelabra centrepiece, just in time for White Wednesday! There was a similar project in a recent issue of Country Living, only theirs held five teacups. Must say I quite like the three.




painted the brass candelabra heirloom white (several coats) and tied on a little piece of vintage lace





glued on these elegant china teacups - I love how pleasantly rounded they are, and they are even prettier on the inside





added a few white treasures...





filled the teacups with teabags, sugar cubes and overflowing pearls. It would also be fun to fill the centre teacup with flowers or a candle.



what a pleasant way to have tea! I have a couple more on the go which I'll post later.

thanks again to Kathleen of Faded Charm for hosting White Wednesday, be sure to pop by her blog for lots of white treasures AND she has a giveaway too.

I'm also linking to 100 Ideas under $100 hosted by Becky at Beyond the Picket Fence, thanks Becky.


I'm new to blogland and I'd love it if you joined me as a follower!

happy white wednesday and happy days,
Tracey

16 comments:

Miss Gracie's House said...

So cute! And a great idea!
Rene'

fitty's pinky rose cottage said...

oh dear.. awesome job! love the candelabra..

Tanya said...

This is such a cute idea! Love it.

Mary Beth @ Live. Laugh. Make Something said...

absolutely delightful! Happy, Happy Easter Whites to you!

Wanda Lee said...

This is delightly,'tea-lightful'!.., This is just so pretty! My oh My, this is just charming!

Do pop over you visit two of my blogs where there is a tea party at each; thought you might enjoy them especially, with your theme today..,

Have a marvelous Easter!

Bella's Rose Cottage said...

Hi Tracey, This is really cute.. what a clever idea!
Bella

Anonymous said...

So adorable and perfect for spring tea! Great job!!!

Faded Charm said...

Very clever idea and just in time for Spring. Thanks for sharing today.

~Happy WW~

Kathleen

Sandi~A Cottage Muse said...

What a lovely idea!! Thank you so much for sharing!

Sandi said...

What a cute idea!! I may have to try one of these myself. Happy WW!!
Blessings~

Rust: Vintage Inspired Design said...

Hi Tracey,
This turned out so great!!! I love it, and I think it is even nicer than the one in the magazine. I am so going to try this!
xojanis

kathi @ traybella said...

what a cute idea! great job!
kathi

Becky@Beyond The Picket Fence said...

I love this and have really wanted to make one for jewelry. Yours turned out fantastic--thanks for linking!

decorating diva {aka deanna} said...

oh.my.gosh! i love this, i so have to copy this, if that's okay w/ you!:)

Anonymous said...

I SO love what you did with that candelabra centrepiece. It combines two things I love, candelabras and teacups. Can't get much better than that, girl!

Unknown said...

Excellent Job! I really enjoyed the stunning images of Candelabra - French Antique. It looks so exotic to entertain guests.

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by - I love reading your comments and getting to know you a little better!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...