Wednesday, March 10, 2010

A NEW FAVOURITE THING

I just couldn't wait to show you one of my "new" favourite things! I popped into my favourite local thrift store this week and there was this buggy waiting just for me. I wavered for all of two minutes as the price tag was a little high for my junking mindset, then I snapped her up!! I knew I would regret it forever if I didn't bring this beauty home. I have been looking for her forever!

She has been well loved...

and a tad neglected...


I envisage my buggy spilling over with flowers in the summer, but I couldn't do that to her just yet. A shabby quilt and cosy knitted blanket will do just fine.


For now I am happy just to admire her and push her back and forth on her springy wheels, imagining what stories she could tell from her past.

Anyone else have a favourite buggy?

happy days,

Tracey

10 comments:

Rust: Vintage Inspired Design said...

How beautiful your new buggy looks spilling over with the quilts!!! I did a post on my blog linking over to yours today!!
xojanis

RobinBirdsNest said...

Congratulations on your new blog! so jealous of your buggy find! It is awesome!

Sandi said...

Well Hello. What a fansatic purchase! I am so envious. I have to share about my recent purchase. I found an old dress form in not bad shape.
I am looking forward to reading more post from you. Good luck.
Sandi

raggygirlvintage said...

Thanks ladies for your encouraging comments, I'm having so much fun!!
Tracey

Maria said...

Oh how gorgeous is that buggy, I've just started browsing thrift stores for old books and laces it's such a treat finding something special.....
Just a question just had a look at your beautiful little Esty shops do you post to Australia?

Gretchen said...

Welcome Tracey to the wonderful world of blogging. I've found you through your new friend Janis. I am one of her Minnesotan friends through JMS, and am absolutely dying to meet her... I am so excited to hear she's coming to Minnesota and that we get to hang out and finally meet up.
You've found a fabulous buggy here, and you'll have fun enjoying its simple beauty.
Have a blessed day-
Gretchen

raggygirlvintage said...

Hi Maria, yes I do ship internationally, just convo me with any items you are interested in and I'll get a shipping quote to you:-)
Thanks for stopping by,
Tracey

raggygirlvintage said...

Hi Gretchen, thanks for the welcome! I know you gals will have tons of fun (and junking!). Enjoy!
Tracey

Gracefully Vintage said...

Ok Tracey Im SO SO So Jealous, I had one like that as a little girl,And i so so wanted one (for my kids the prams) never did, and i would settle for a sweet little one like that. One i could fix up and decorate.. YOU are so LUcky... LOVE it.You Lucky DUCK...
Karryann Cant wait to see what you do with it.

mary pernula said...

I love it, I have a few of my own so I can see why you are going to be very happy with yours. Happy Mother's Day, Hugs Mary

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by - I love reading your comments and getting to know you a little better!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...