Sunday, March 14, 2010

BIRTHDAY KEEPER

This weekend my one and only brother celebrated a milestone birthday (let's leave it at that!). What to get him to go with his gift? Something that would be a keeper, something a man would appreciate and something that would reflect the giver's love of vintage. A tall order!


So when this vintage silver ice bucket and tongs caught my eye, I knew I had found it! It was pretty tarnished so I have to admit I did polish it up a bit, in honor of the special b-day. A simple black organza bow and a vintagey label, couldn't pretty it up too much!

And he loved it!!

Happy days,

Tracey

3 comments:

Prior said...

What a thoughtful gift. I love using vintage items for gifts and decorating... a fun way to save the Earth, one reuse of junk at a time! lol Lezlee

raggygirlvintage said...

Thanks for stopping by Prior! I love repurposing old stuff, it just has a story to tell.
Tracey

Rust: Vintage Inspired Design said...

What a great find...love this idea for a gift!
xojanis

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by - I love reading your comments and getting to know you a little better!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...