Wednesday, March 24, 2010

all that glitters...

Well I never knew White Wednesday would be quite so much fun! Thanks to all of you who visited and left comments, and thanks again to Kathleen of Faded Charm for hosting.

All that glitters...there is only one thing that makes me more giddy than a paint can, and that is a tub of glitter!!!!!

Okay, and here is a confession from a shabbyvintage chick : I LOVE PURPLE!!

I know, go figure, but I do, and when this tub of purple glitter beckoned to me across the aisle, I just couldn't resist. Of course purple doesn't really go with anything in my decor, but seeing as Easter is coming up I thought I could get away with it:-)



So I started out with a little wire basket which I painted........
white, of course (you thought I was going to say purple, now didn't you). Then I spraypainted these craft eggs silver, as well as a giant V for VINTAGE.



Then glittered them all up. It was a pretty messy affair, as glitter tends to be, I still sparkle. The purple glitter wasn't very co-operative, so had to tuck the purple eggs further into the basket.


Filled the basket with some white shreddy stuff and tucked in a cutie flocked bunny, and ta-da, my little glittery Easter vintage ensemble.




Now if I could just get rid of all the glitter in the house.........


Happy days!
Tracey

1 comments:

Rust: Vintage Inspired Design said...

What a fun project!!!!!!............I love, love, love glitter!!!!!
xojanis

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by - I love reading your comments and getting to know you a little better!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...