Friday, July 9, 2010

lemonade happens....

hello blogging friends, I've missed you!

like many of you, summer days just fly by, I always forget how BUSY it is when the kids are home and I'm driving them all over the place...

but today, today I felt productive

spent the WHOLE morning getting the house in order before driving to dentist appts

in sweltering heat

which meant I feel entitled to take an hour or two to create this afternoon (do you ever do that, if you work hard you reward yourself with "play" time??)


so what happens when we get home...



LEMONADE!!!!!!!!!

lemonade is what happens...




no, not sparkly lemonade tinkling in an icy glass with a sprig of mint

NO, NO, NO!!!

2 litres of sticky lemonade spilled all over the countertop, dishwasher, floor, fridge

then walked through the house...




so ladies, did I smile sweetly and say hey, when life hands you lemons.....

NO I DID NOT!!

i was GRUMPY!!

and have now spent a hot afternoon cleaning up and mopping my floors AGAIN

sigh!!




...so now we're off to a birthday picnic

but I'm banking those creative hours I just worked for!!!

oh, and my smile is back:-)

happy lemonade days!
Tracey

4 comments:

Prior said...

Aww... Yes, I play little games with myself...When this is done, I can do that. Or, after that I'm having having a fun day.. Hope the birthday picnic was fun! Lezlee

Rosie said...

oh dearest...and so you should bank those hours, I'm so sorry to hear of your sour experience...you handled it well though and I do love a good lemonade...bet your house smells GREAT....now, go forth and smile....Rosie

Creations By Cindy said...

When life hands you lemons make lemonade! Be blessed. Cindy

Terrell said...

Oh man....been there, done that! :) At least it's not a stained mess. Hope your picnic is the greatest!
~Terrell @ FrouFrouDecor~

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by - I love reading your comments and getting to know you a little better!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...