Sunday, December 5, 2010

~christmas decorating on the porch 101 - using what you have~

here are a few more random photos of decorating my front porch, i like to keep it simple and fresh

this is the chair outside my front door - i'm a little bit lazy pressed for time, so it's the same chair (garage sale)
 and coffee sack (gift) 
and basket (thrift store) 
and gorgeous white pitcher (gift) i had out in the summer




but dressed up with white bells and pine clippings it looks quite festive



 you can't see too well here but these clippings have wonderful pine cones on them and i like the variation in color





 here i tucked a vintage red plaid thermos on the bench next to a sap bucket of cuttings (i see it got a little faded by the summer sun)

you might remember my vintage summer picnic here




and further down the bench these skates (thrift store) and snow shoes (gift from my dad)

see the theme ~ snow shoes ~ skates ~ thermos of hot chocolate~

yes, i know you got it right away!!

should i fill the skates with holly do you think, they're a little plain?

Tracey

PS. see my previous posts for the full series of ~christmas decorating on the porch 101~

3 comments:

mary pernula said...

Love the bells painted white. The porch looks real festive. HUGS MARY

Blondie's Journal said...

It all looks so cute! I love the touch of greenery and the jingle bells...it doesn't take much to make it look festive!

XO,
Jane

It's a Wannabe Decorator's Life said...

Everything looks so sweet! Love the ice skates. I just passed up some at a flea market and now I wish I would have gotten them!

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by - I love reading your comments and getting to know you a little better!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...