Friday, December 3, 2010

~christmas decorating on the porch 101 - the simple touch~

what do you love about christmas decorating?

trimming the tree and mantle...

the lights and sparkle...

i love all that, but my favorite of all is dressing my home with natural greenery

i love heading out with my boots and clippers, the air crisp with the promise of snow

and cutting all kinds of delicious smelling greenery




then i get to play around, filling planters




and old sap-style buckets (see my old thermos peeking there)



here's one of my porch projects this christmas

i have an old sleigh which i filled with a huge bouquet of greenery and holly




tied it up with a big burlap bow



love it's simplicity


i'll show you more in the next day or two...

Tracey

3 comments:

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

Love, love, love the vintage items filled with greenery. How pretty!

Unknown said...

I really like useing holly, pine & boxwood. Love the way yours has turned out so pretty and what a welcoming feel it has to it.

Merry Christmas,
Melissa

Linda @ Itsy Bits And Pieces said...

This is so charming~ beautiful greenery, and I LOVE the burlap bow! Thanks for stopping by!

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by - I love reading your comments and getting to know you a little better!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...