Tuesday, March 23, 2010

BEWARE - VINTAGE CHICK WITH A PAINT CAN!!

What is it about a can of paint that puts a twinkle in the eye of us vintage chicks? This time it was heirloom white's turn.

I decided to transform a couple of my vintage frames. Here are the before shots.



When I lightly sanded the larger one after painting, the gold paint showed through beautifully, so decided not to stain it.

 

The middle frame I left as is, I like its worn patina.



I love the simplicity of the frames grouped together on the mantel.



Heirloom white in all its glory!



Thanks to Kathleen at fadedcharm for hosting White Wednesday. I hadn't realised I'd participate when I made this post, but it's a good fit, don't you think?

Happy days and happy painting!
Tracey

9 comments:

Julie said...

Looks fantastic!!! WOOT! Sometimes simplicity (less) is more! Love the look. Thanks for sharing your creativity and treasures...

Unknown said...

love the frames, they look fabulous on your mantel.

Melissa

the old white house said...

I just bought spray paint yesterday cuz when the sun is shining and the wind is still... it's spraypainting time!!! Your frames turned out great! Happy WW, Theresa

raggygirlvintage said...

There's only one thing better than a can of spray paint - a tub of glitter!!! Thanks for your kind comments:-)
Tracey

Sandi~A Cottage Muse said...

So pretty! Lovely vase with tulips too!

raggygirlvintage said...

I adore pitchers of all shapes and sizes, so when my Mom gave me those gorgeous tulips I knew just the spot for them!
Tracey

Debbie~ said...

Your frames are perfect, and living near the tulip fields in the Skaget Valley (WA. State), I adore this time of year because of the tulips, yours are gorgeous, in your sweet pitcher! Debbie @ Cottage Hann~Me~Downs

Miss Gracie's House said...

Oh I love layering empty frames, too!
Rene'

Polly said...

Hi Tracey! Don't you love how much difference some spray paint can make? Your mantel looks really pretty, and the color of those tulips against that wall color is a lovely combination!

Polly

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by - I love reading your comments and getting to know you a little better!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...