Monday, March 15, 2010

MINIATURE TREASURES

I have always been fascinated by miniature things, and remember as a girl fashioning all kinds of dollhouse furniture out of matchboxes and toothpaste caps. So when I saw an article in Somerset Life showcasing miniature collections, it inspired me to play around with miniature goodies again.

Here's my little treasure box! I glued a piece of vintage lace onto the lid.


Let's take a peek inside....


I lined the box with a shiny silver foil cupcake liner. Then added various pieces of vintage lace, elastic, silver rope, pearls and beads, old necklace embellishments and buttons including tiny shell buttons. As my color theme was white, purple and silver, some of the lace and ribbon is purple. You can just see the purple lace peeking through under the purple button.


A vintage cotton spool, vintage elastic and lace, purple ribbon, a thimble and rhinestone earring.



So much fun, why don't you try one:-)


Happy days,


Tracey

1 comments:

Rust: Vintage Inspired Design said...

So pretty Tracey....I saw that article in Somerset as well and have been saving little boxes ever since!!!
xojanis

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by - I love reading your comments and getting to know you a little better!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...