Thursday, January 19, 2012

~blog header problem resolved~

Okay, I have my header back.
Mr RGV worked his magic.
Thanks sweetie:-)

If you missed the drama, my header disappeared from my blog. Vanished, just like that, all that was left there was this:

"403 Forbidden
This file removed due to violation of Imageshack Terms of service or by user request"

It would appear my header was deleted from the site the designer had uploaded it to, and hence it disappeared from my blog.


Which reminds me, I really need to back up my blog, have you done that yet?


Here's a link to a tutorial on how to back up your blog by Donna from Funky Junk Interiors.


Thanks for your comments, emails and advice, I appreciate you!

Tracey

7 comments:

Kerri said...

Hi Tracey,
I don't know what happened but I did want to share with you that as of a week ago I can't read comments people leave for me on my blog unless I sign into my account and go to the "edit comments" page! I also thought it was spam on my blog! It is so frustrating!

The Polka Dot Closet said...

Someone else recently lost their header because the person that designed it had deleted their pictures. I guess the first place I would go is to the person that made it. It has been a nightmare lately, I have heard people not being able leave comments, retrieve comments, pages freezing. There is a lot of problems out there.....Geez it is stressful, you never know if it is your blog or blogger. I do know if you have malware, that blogger usually catches it and freezes your blog until you figure out where the malware is. Good luck, I really feel bad for you!

Carol

Vintage Home said...

Oh dear Tracie, this is so frustrating! I had been trying to do some things and have enbedded my comment box...whatever that ment but I do know it made it impossible for people to comment.
And I am having trouble commenting on some blogs!
I have heard a lot of people complain about various problems as Carol above said...I had to ask for help..... I have no expertise to help you!
Hope you figure out how to fix it...oh ask Funky Junk Donna..she is a brainiac about these things! and so sweet to help!

Shanon at Vintage Sparkle Chic said...

I still see your blog header! Unless you changed it recently and I missed it. It's the same one I always remember. Good luck!

~Shanon

raggygirlvintage said...

Thanks for your advice and encouragement ladies, it's back!
Here's to a smooth year of blogging:-)
Tracey

Candy said...

Good advice and I'll have to get my Mr. to help...the one I would, of course marry again in a New York minute. Thanks for stopping by.
Blessings.

Vintage Home said...

yeah so glad its back!

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by - I love reading your comments and getting to know you a little better!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...